Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Really?!*# Ann Coulter Addition

        One of my favorite all-time SNL skits occurs on Weekend Update and is performed by the lovely Seth Meyers and the great Amy Poehler.  It is called REALLY?!*# with Seth and Amy.  The sketch is essentially the two comedians expressing dumbfoundedness at some recent public indiscretion. This indiscretion is usually so overt and profound, that it is hard to imagine how its absurdity could ever escape the mind of its perpetuator.  And with full acknowledgement that I might be commiting comedy blasphemy , I have one such sketch that I took a crack at writing myself.  But first you'll need a little context, so go here.

Really?!*#, Ann Coulter?
You are going to-- in the same conversation take offense at the idea that some find your party affiliation to be a little on the bigoted-side and then non-ironically use the term “our blacks”.
Really?!*#

You didn’t think that maybe a possessive pronoun in this instance might take the audience back to a time in our history when black people were literally your ancestor’s possessions? Really?!*#

I mean Really Ann Coulter, you expect me to believe that an intelligent, successful woman such as yourself could presume to do a race-based (minorities only) comparative analysis of the performance of politicians and that that would be a totally un-racist thing to do?!? Really?!*#

Because Really Ms. Coulter, I think you are bright enough (even despite the blond hair and female genitalia) to know when you are purportedly giving a compliment to an oppressed group but concurrently othering them with your exclusionary subtext—just like I did earlier in this paragraph.

See I’m one of them better blacks like you talked about, Really!

 Only I would be ashamed to support a candidate who takes pride in your support Ann Coulter,

Really!

This has been Really?!*# from www.mixed-company.blogspot.com . My apologies to Mr. Meyer and Ms. Poehler for any bastardization of their comic genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment